Monday, February 15, 2010

The Past, the Present and the Future

In July of 2005, Olive Juice Bags was born. Two next-door-neighbors, two mommies and two crafty people we were. It was a HUGE learning experience and four years that I will remember as being full of fun and lots of laughs. We had 6 children under the age of 5 between us and both had a love for designing and sewing. It was the perfect outlet for us both at the time.........the perfect partnership.

In May of 2009, I made a necessary decision to end our partnership. It was one of the hardest things I had ever done but such a relief at the same time. There really wasn't any other option. My partner and best-friend had become someone that I did not know or understand and couldn't even have a conversation with anymore. I mourned our friendship and partnership for a year. Not having a sister, she had been the closest relationship to that I had experienced. Hard to deal with when you realize the person you thought you knew so well, you really didn't know at all.

So, here we are in February of 2010! Things are wonderful! Time really does heal. I wish nothing but the best for my old partner but can see now that I am SO HAPPY! I started my own bag line last September....THREE SIXTY BAGS......named for my area code and the symbolic 360 degree circle that my life has taken the last year. I love my business model and I love that it's all mine :) I'm doing things right this time while realizing how far I've come and how much I've learned. I take great pride is saying, "If you liked Olive Juice Bags, you're going to love Three Sixty!".

No comments:

Post a Comment